FYI

Don't forget to refer to my Contents page for a more convenient reference to past articles.

For More L.A. La Land, visit my writing/art/film appreciation site on Facebook at Quoth the Maven and follow me on Twitter @ Blahlaland. :)

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

JANUARY BLITZ: "I'll Be Back."


A perfect fusion of celebrity pop culture: Marilyn Monroe as Theda Bara
in the famous Richard Avedon shoot.

Well friends, another year has begun, and I am really looking forward to investigating new stars and sharing their stories with you. I already have several ideas in mind, and I can't wait to dig in and start cookin'! However, my usual diligence is going to take a catnap this month. For various reasons, including the fact that 2012 has left me officially kaput, I will be taking a 31 day sojourn from my L.A. La Land articles to focus on personal matters and take care of business. As such, my entries for January will be more compact and less frequent than usual. (I can only imagine your devastation, which I am exaggerating in my mind in order to bolster my self-esteem).

Never fear, I will return in February with all new material, and while on my "stay-cation," I will continue adding to my ever increasing private library and over-polluted list of notes. That being said, I wish you a "Happy New Year" and hope that 2013 brings you all nothing but joy and the best of luck. Should you have any suggestions for upcoming "Stars of the Month," I would be interested in hearing just what the public is yearning for. Take care and sit tight, while I slip into a mind-frame that is a little more comfortable.

Jean Harlow: ""Would you be shocked if I put on something more comfortable?"
Hell's Angels - 1930

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Meredith. Enjoy your break but please hurry back! Thanks

      Delete